Please note that in order for your place to be accepted on the 2023 TCC, you must read and agree to the following terms and conditions… RunUltra Endurance Ltd act as agents on behalf of TCC Adventures in respect of the event, The Coastal Challenge. We take no responsibility for the event itself, its organisation or operation. TCC Adventures act as a principal in this matter and your contract is with them. The TCC is run annually in February and is a multistage race of variable length – usually 230-250 km. The race organisers reserve the right to alter the length and format of the race at their discretion and at any time. We are limited to the number of places available to persons residing in the following countries:
Competitors have the choice of entering as either individuals or as teams, a team being three or more members. Team members pay an additional registration fee (usually $100 per entrant) and in return a team ranking is recorded during the race so long as the team continues to have a minimum of three members.
Payments for the event are typically split into an initial non-refundable registration deposit of $650 payable immediately, two instalments due July and October, plus a final balance payment being due on the 15 November 2022 – these dates will be confirmed to you after registration. Race entry cost for 2023 will be $2950 for runner entry and $2150 for the companion entry, and $1535 for under 12s. We strongly recommend you get event insurance to cover your entry fee in the event of any unforeseen event that may prevent you getting to the start line.
What is included in the fee
- Tented accommodation during the race
- Food during the race
- Race entry fee
- During the race: water, medical team, ground assistance, minimal insurance
- Individual rankings, team rankings for registered teams
- Medal & t-shirt for those that complete the course
- Transfer from organisers’ hotel to Race Start
What is not included
- Return travel UK – San Jose, Costa Rica
- Transfers (arrival airport / hotel / departure airport)
- Comprehensive insurance (e.g. to cover cancellation, loss of items – we strongly recommend this)
- Training costs
- Doctor’s fees (e.g for E.C.G and blood tests)
- Cash for extra TCC souvenirs or drinks and last minute purchases at the hotel
- Accommodation pre and Post race
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions of booking
- Acceptance of the rules that apply to the race
- Deadlines for payments and all payment installment must be met as itemised
- Deadlines for completion of registration forms must be kept (An online form to be completed after registration, followed by signed paper forms)
- Your contact details must be kept up-to-date
- A sealed letter addressed to the Medical Director for anyone undergoing long term treatment for a chronic disease.
- An E.C.G and medical certificate signed by a doctor to be presented on the day prior to the race start.
Deferral of Entry
- All deposits are non refundable. Deposit payments must be made to The Coastal Challenge account in Coats Rica. Repeat: WE WILL NOT REFUND ANY DEPOSIT
- Roll over of entry will apply only to runners who have fully paid their registration (funds in our CR account by November 15 prior to the race) and who have a valid and compelling reason for their request. This will be reviewed by the race organisers and their decision is final.
- We highly recommend runners take out travel Insurance to cover loss of race fees or travel expenditure
- IF deferral of entry is approved, this will only be to the following year – no further deferral will be permitted, and entry fees will be forfeit if a runner is still unable to take part.
You can cancel your place at any time by letting us know in writing to our registered address by recorded delivery in addition to email confirmation. Cancellation fees will apply as follows:
For confirmed places:
Deposit of $650 (non-refundable under any circumstances) After 15 September prior to the race, loss of full amount
Bookings & Payments
All payments will be made direct to the race organisers – full details of how to do this will be advised on receipt of your completed entry form. We wish you the best of luck with your entry application. The TCC Team