Race entry cost for 2022 will be $2850 for runner entry and $2050 for the companion entry (all US Dollars). This is payable in 4 instalments:
$400 – at point of registration
$800 – by 1 July
$800 – by 1 October
Balance – by 15 December
We will issue reminders before the payment due dates.
We strongly recommend you get event insurance to cover your entry fee in the event of any unforeseen event that may prevent you getting to the start line.
Included in Your Fee:
- Transportation from the hotel to the race start
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner each day during the race, prepared by Nutritionist and Catering staff
- Transportation from the Race Finish to San Jose, Costa Rica
- Aid Stations (Fresh Fruit and Bottled Water, Electrolyte Drink, Sodas)
- Medical Assistance – qualified U.S and Costa Rican medical doctors, EMTs and on call Medical Helicopter
- Ground assistance
- Evening Campsite Location
- Wrap-up Dinner Party
- Finishers Award
- Basic insurance
- Individual rankings or team rankings for registered teams
- The Official Coastal Challenge T-shirt
- Exclusive competitor swag-bag
- Sports Medicine Masseuese / Chiropractor are available (at a very modest additional cost)
NOT Included in Your Fee:
- Return travel from the country of origin – San Jose, Costa Rica
- Comprehensive insurance (to cover cancellation, loss of items, etc.)
- Accommodation in San Jose pre / post event – Although we can arrange this for you
- Training costs
- Doctor’s fees (e.g. for ECG and blood tests)
- Spending money (typically for extra TCC souvenirs or drinks at the hotel)
- Transaction fees applied to credit card payments or
- Mobile phone bills (for last minute ‘What the hell was I thinking? Come and get me!’ calls home)
You can cancel at any time by letting us know in writing.
Cancellation fees apply as listed in the rules, a set of which will be sent to you upon registration.
To cover yourself in the case of injury or illness, we strongly recommend that you take out insurance, which covers cancellation.